Wednesday 21 November 2012

Let me see you grit those teeth

I just finished watching Gurren Lagann again and man is it an anime that gets you going. Do you have at least one person who puts up/links motivational images like this up on facebook:


I'm not too fond of them myself because life isn't so simple and it's stuff like this that can delude others. Plus there's also the fact that personally I'm not a fan of pretentious preaching.

Gurren Lagann however instead of simply saying "believe in yourself" gives a flying kick smashing through images like those above and kicks the living shit out of you then stands up and says "believe in yourself or I'll kick your ass" well I suppose it would be more accurate to say it says "believe in the you that believes in you or I'll kick your ass"...something like that I dunno but that's besides the point. It's a series that delivers a message similar to that of the above image but does it without preaching, instead delivering in an awesome non-serious manner  and that's why it's so good. There's probably no better coming of age story out there and it succeeds in focusing not about it's message (which it still very much successfully delivers), but about being fun.

If you haven't seen Gurren Lagann then I'm pretty sure you don't yet know the definition of epic

No comments:

Post a Comment